Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked bread wafting from your kitchen. That’s why today, we are going to share with you some wonderful white and traditional bread recipes which you can try out on your own bread machine.
The recipes are easy to follow and the ingredients can be found easily at your local store.
Best White Bread Recipe
This recipe gives you delicious bread with a light center, plus its low on calories.
- Instant yeast; 4 ½ teaspoons
- Warm water; 3 cups
- Granulated sugar; ¼ cup
- Salt; 1 tablespoon
- Unsalted butter; 3 tablespoons (Should be at room temperature)
- All-purpose flour; 10 cups
- Measure ¾ of a cup of warm water and add yeast separately till it dissolves, leave it for 5 minutes.
- In a mixer bowl, mix the 5 cups of all-purpose flour with the measured sugar, butter, salt, and warm water. Stir the mixture well.
- Ensure that the mixing is done at low speeds; you might also use a dough hook to make this process easier.
- When mixing, gradually add the remaining 5 cups of all-purpose flour till the dough becomes tacky and soft. It should not be sticky. Always feel the texture of the dough and add all the flour if necessary. At this point, add the prepared yeast.
- Continue kneading until the dough becomes soft and the bowl sides clear of any sticky dough. This process may take about 8-10 minutes.
- Slightly grease another bowl with the unsalted butter till it is completely coated. Transfer the dough to this bowl and cover the contents with a plastic wrap.
- The contents should be left in a draft-free environment for the optimum enzymatic action of the yeast. The bowl contents will rise to nearly double in size in about 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a surface and place the dough. For you to remove any existing air pockets in the dough, you have to gently press it.
- Since this dough is big in size, divide the bowl contents into two and shape them in a rectangular shape. You can estimate the size of a loaf at his point. But the recommended size is 9*12 inch
- Place the 2 rectangular shaped loaves in two separate oven pans and loosely cover the top.
- Place them in an oven and pre-heat it to a temperature setting of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Periodically brush the loaves with melted butter as they rotate in the oven rack. The loaves will turn golden brown after 30 minutes at temperatures of 195 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check the oven thermometer for an exact temperature reading.
- When the loaves turn golden brown in color, remove them from the oven pan and brush them with more melted butter.
- Leave the loaves to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing them.
- Wrap them in a plastic or airtight material before storing them in a freezer or a kitchen drawer. Freshly baked loaves have a shelf life of 5 days without freezing or 1 month in a freezer.
- This recipe makes you two loaves, if you only need one, you can halve the ingredients.
- If you can’t find active dry yeast, you can substitute it with the instant yeast. Activate it by dissolving it in warm water.
Serving; 2 9-inch loaves of bread
Preparation time; 20 minutes
Cooking time; 30-40 minutes, in oven temperatures of 195-200 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can also try out this traditional white bread recipe, with fewer ingredients.
Best Traditional white bread recipe
- Active dry yeast; 2 packages. One package weighs 25 ounces
- White sugar; 3 tablespoons
- Warm water; 2 ½ cups (Should be at temperatures of 45 degrees Celsius)
- Softened lard; 3 tablespoons
- Salt; 1 tablespoon
- Flour; 6 ½ cups
- First, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Then stir in salt and lard.
- Put ½ cup flour periodically while stirring the mixture. When the dough becomes soft and tacky, transfer the content to the surface that is lightly floured.
- Continue kneading until the dough becomes soft. This process helps remove the air pockets in the dough.
- It may take up to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle some cooking oil lightly on a bowl surface, place the dough and cover it with a damp cloth or plastic material.
- Leave the dough to rise; it may take up to an hour for it to double in size.
- Divide this dough and place them in pans measuring 9*5 inches. Cover the dough again. It will continue rising due to the enzymatic action of the yeast. Leave it for about 40 minutes.
- You should preheat your oven to temperatures of 220 degrees Celsius.
- The baking temperatures should be around 190 degrees Celsius. It may take 30-40 minutes till the bread top turns golden brown. Some people tap the bottom of the loaf to check if it sounds hollow.
- Remove loaves from the pans and store them in a cool environment.
Serving; 2 9inch long loaves
Preparation time; 20 minutes
Cooking time; 30 minutes
- You can brush the loaves with melted butter after removing them from the oven pan or rack.
- When dissolving the yeast, ensure that the water is warm and not hot, as it would kill inhibit the activity of the yeast.
Some helpful tips
- Always allow the baked loaves to cool down in the oven since cooling it too fast causes wrinkles to form in the oven. These wrinkles affect appearance.
- Only leave the loaves to cool for about 10-15 minutes, before removing them. If you leave them to cool longer, the loaves will form a soggy bottom due to condensation. Always place your loaves on a wire rack for cooling.
Wrapping up with the best white bread recipe
These recipes are easy to follow and the results are great, you get tasty homemade loaves at a small cost. Plus you have total control on the ingredients; you can customize the recipe by adding healthier ingredients if you are strict on your calorie intake. Make sure you subscribe on our blog for more bread recipes.
Looking for the Best Butter for Baking Cakes?
Baking a cake requires a lot of ingredients. Butter is one of the major requirements. Since the beginning of time, butter has been used to add flavor in foods. It can be used to cook, bake or spread on bread.
With so many types of butter today, it may be difficult to pinpoint the best butter to bake with.
This article will highlight the types of butter that can bake and their differences. It will also disclose the benefits of having butter in your nutrition.
Before we move on – you can use any type of oven to bake in, but we hope that you’ll consider a high quality bread maker.
Unsalted Butter aka Sweet Cream Butter
Unsalted butter is also referred to as ‘sweet cream butter’ or ‘sweet butter’. This is because it is made from fresh cream. The word sweet distinguishes it from other cultured and sour butter. It is the most versatile type of butter and can be used in both cooking and sautéing.
Unsalted butter can be made from milk, cream or both. It has 80% fat and has a golden yellowish color when in block form.
Sweet butter is the best to use for baking cakes. This is because; you are in control of how your baked product will taste like. Flavor in baked products is everything! Sweet cream butter does not include salt. Hence, you can regulate the amount of salt you need.
Besides, salt is also used as a preservative hence salted butter will automatically have a longer shelf life compared to unsalted butter. But, on the positive side, this is a really good thing. With a shorter life span, unsalted butter is fresher when you compare the two. This means all baking recipes that include sweet cream butter have fresh butter in them.
Just like the name, this butter is mixed with salt. The inclusion of salt gives taste to your butter and also preserves it. If you love salty-sweet foods, this is the butter to use.
Also, if you do not bake often, salted butter is the suitable option. It has a longer shelf life compared to sweet buttercream.
It is, however, important to note that different brands have different salt proportions. Nevertheless, the general equation is ¼ teaspoonful for a ¼ lbs. of butter.
The only difference between organic butter and the rest is that this is made from cows that have had no contact with growth hormones or antibiotics while feeding. The cows feed on 100% organic feeds which are free of fertilizers and pesticides.
Milk produced from these dairy cows, in turn, produces organic butter. It can be quite expensive but guarantees no chemicals used during the whole process.
It is the healthiest butter you can consume. It has more Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and Omega-3 fatty acids. The organic butter can be used for baking cakes and other pastries.
European Style Butter
The European Style Butter has the highest butterfat content ranging from 82-86%. Normally, the American Butter content is 81%.
It is ideal for baking and cooking. Since it has less water content, it produces fluffier cakes and tender, flakier pastries. The butter also has a distinct tangier flavor.
However, due to its high-fat content, most people reduce the required amount of butter needed while using European Style butter in a recipe.
Are you too worried about the fat content in butter while baking? Worry no more. Whipped butter is a suitable option for you.
Like the name implies, whipped cream is regular butter with a slight difference. Nitrogen gas has been whipped into it making it lighter. It is best for spreading especially in cold temperatures but can be used in baking.
Compound butter is also referred to as flavored butter. This is traditional butter mixed with spices, herbs, honey, garlic, among other ingredients for a unique taste.
If you love diversifying in cooking, compound butter may be what you are looking for. Its rich unique taste in your cakes will generate more creativity.
It has a relatively low-fat content. It is best for anyone too cautious about their health. Although the whipped baked cake may not feel or look like a salted butter or European butter cake, it does the job too.
Having discussed the best butter you can incorporate in your baking dough, here are the benefits of consuming butter.
Benefits of baking with butter
- A powerful source of vitamins – Yes, butter has high amounts of 5 vitamins. These are Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E ( rich anti-oxidant), Vitamin B12, and Vitamin K ( protects from osteoporosis and heart diseases)
It is also rich in minerals such as manganese, iodine, copper, zinc, chromium, and selenium. They help in bone repair and growth.
- Powerful anti-oxidant – natural butter has high levels of carotene which is nutritional value on the human body. Carotene is either converted in oxidants or vitamin A.
When converted into oxidant, it helps boost your immune system and becomes a disease-fighting compound. On the other hand, if carotene converts to Vitamin A, it helps the parts of the body that have fat-soluble membrane just like itself. These parts include the skin, mouth, eyes, throat, digestive and urinary systems. It helps in cell growth and repair as well as protection from infectious diseases.
Vitamin A also boosts the production of lymphocytes. Lymphocytes are what defend the body against viruses and diseases.
- Anti-cancer properties – through a wide case study, it has been shown that beta-carotene and vitamin A obtained from butter reduces the risk of prostate and colorectal cancer. The Vitamin A antioxidants have also proved to slow stop cancerous growth.
- Improved intestinal conditions – butter has glycosphingolipids, a fatty acid that can protect you from gastrointestinal diseases. This fatty acid adds a mucus layer on the gastrointestinal membrane walls inhibiting any bacterial infectors from binding to it.
- Healthy sex – Vitamin A and D in butter are responsible for a healthy sexual performance. They aid in the development of the brain and the nervous system. The exclusion of these vitamins plus Vitamin E, men and women would become nutritionally sterile.
- Nutritional absorption – Organic butter has high CLA and Omega-3 fatty acids. They also have Activator X, a mysterious vitamin only found in grass-fed cows. This vitamin ensures every nutritional bit in a nutrient is absorbed in the body. Also, it increases the body’s efficiency.
Wrapping Up with Butter
We encourage you to not be afraid of butter or fats. Many people will want to avoid it in order to stay healthy. However, communities have been cooking with butter and eating eggs for thousands of years without an issue.
Enjoy your buttery baked goods and click here if you’re looking for a rapid egg cooker!.
Sweet Bread Recipes for Your Bread Machine
If you think that sliced bread from your local bakery tastes good, then you should try out our sweet bread machine recipe which is easy to follow even for beginners.
Plus it takes minutes to prepare all the ingredients and let your high quality bread machine do all the work while you wait. You can also morph the bread dough into any shape you can imagine as long as you enjoy. We will be sharing about four sweet bread recipes for you to try them out on your own.
Buttery Sweet Bread Machine Recipe
This recipe gives you buttery thick slices, perfect for any luscious snack or any other course.
Yield; 1 pound loaf
Preparation time; 6 minutes
Ready In; 3 hours
Bake time; 30 minutes
- Milk; 1/3 cup
- Water; ¼ cup
- Egg; 1
- Butter; 3 tablespoons (You can use margarine as an alternative to butter)
- Salt; ¾ teaspoon
- Bread flour; 2 ¼ cups
- Sugar; 3 tablespoons
- Bread machine yeast; 1 ½ teaspoon
- All the ingredients should be added in the bread pan according to the order in the bread machine manual.
- The liquids go first while the salt and yeast go last.
- Use the basic white or the sweet bread cycle setting
- The crust color setting should be light or medium crust color
N/B This one pound bread recipe should only be used if your bread machine pan can hold a maximum of 10 cups of water. If your bread pan is smaller, you can halve the ingredients.
Nutritional Facts per Serving (1 Slice)
Saturated fat; 3 grams
Sodium; 246 mg
Carbohydrates; 32 grams
Dietary fiber; 1 gram
Hawaiian Bread Machine Recipe
This recipe produces light sweet fluffy bread, and the good thing is that you can roll them into balls if you prefer rolls to sliced bread.
Yield; 1 ½ pound loaf
Preparation Time; 5 minutes
Ready In; 3 hours
Bake Time; 25-30 minutes
- Fine salt; ½ teaspoon
- Eggs; 2 (Beaten)
- Granulated sugar; 6 tablespoons
- Unsalted butter; ½ stick
- Milk; ½ cup
- Pineapple juice; ½ cup
- Bread Flour; 4 ½ cups
- Bread machine yeast; 2 ½ teaspoon
- In a separate saucepan, warm the pineapple juice, butter, and milk lightly, only to bring them to room temperature.
- If you are using Packet yeast, mix it with a little warm water and let it foam for about 10 minutes before mixing with the other dry ingredients. If you are using bread machine yeast, skip this step.
- These ingredients should remain on top of the bread pan; sugar, eggs, salt, flour, and yeast. You should slowly pour water into the mixture.
- Press the sweet bread cycle setting in your bread machine.
- The crust color setting should be light or medium depending on your preference.
- After baking, remove bread and brush with melted butter after cooling if you so desire.
When making rolls
- After mixing all the ingredients, press the dough cycle on the bread machine.
- When the dough is ready, the bread machine will sound an alert, usually a beeping sound.
- After the first rise, punch the dough and shape it into small rolls of your desired size. The recommended size should not be larger than a golf ball for them to fit well in a 9 by 13 inches pan.
- Slightly grease the bread pan
- Leave the rolls to rise till they are double in size, it takes an hour or less.
- Brush the rolls with melted butter and bake them till the outer color changes to a golden brown. It takes roughly 20 minutes in oven temperatures of 190-200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the rolls and brush them with more butter if you desire.
- Serve for any course.
Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Recipe
The cinnamon-sugar flavor hits the right buds in your tongue, plus plump, juicy and chewy raisins with butter for your breakfast.
- Water; 1 cup
- Softened butter; 2 tablespoons
- Bread flour; 3 cups
- Sugar; 3 tablespoons
- Salt; 1 ½ teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon; 1 teaspoon
- Bread machine yeast; 2 ½ teaspoons
- Raisins; ¾ cup
- All the ingredients should be placed in the bread pan according to the bread machine’s manual. Add all ingredients except raisins.
- Most bread machines come with a fruit and nut dispenser, and it signals you add any fruit or nut. If your bread machine lacks the fruit and nut dispenser feature, you should add the raisins 6-8 minutes before the end of the last kneading cycle.
- The bread cycle should be Basic/White
- The crust color should be light or medium; it depends on your crust color preference.
- After baking, remove the bread and cool it before serving.
Portuguese Sweet Bread
This bread is tasty, delicious and easily made with its roots in Portugal. You can try out this recipe for yourself and share the results.
- Whole milk; 1 cup (It should be warmed to about 80 degrees for baking results)
- Egg; 1
- Margarine; 2 tablespoons
- White sugar; 1/3 cup
- Salt; ¾ teaspoon
- Bread flour; 3 cups
- Bread machine yeast; 1 ½ teaspoon (When using active dry yeast, use 2 ½ teaspoons)
- Making the Portuguese sweet bread is easy; add the ingredients according to the bread machine’s manual.
- The baking cycle setting should be sweet bread cycle
- For the crust color, use light or medium color setting and you are done.
- Wait till the smell of freshly baked bread fills your kitchen.
- Cool and serve the bread sliced.
The preparation time is 5 minutes while the baking cycle takes 3 hours. The yield is 1 ½ pound loaf.
Finishing up with Sweet Bread Recipes for your Bread Machine
Everybody loves homemade bread because of its taste and freshness unlike store-bought bread, and also the aroma converts your kitchen into a bakery. These recipes are easy to follow and they can be customized to include some of the healthier ingredients for people with special needs. Just follow our lead and make these sweet bread recipes your go-to recipes, and you can share your experience with our sweet bread recipes in the comment section below. We wish you all the best in your baking.
Are you looking at using your awesome new bread machine to bake some delicious bread? Then you need to know about yeast!
Our main focus in this article will be the difference between bread machine yeast and active dry yeast. It’s important for you to know how the different types of yeast work during the baking process.
We’ll also give you details about the different conversions of yeast so that you have a general idea in case you need a substitute for a particular type of yeast.
All about that Yeast
What exactly is Yeast?
Yeast is a biological organism in the fungus kingdom which assists in the conversion of sugar to carbon dioxide and alcohol. The alcohol usually evaporates during the kneading process while the carbon dioxide is what causes the dough to rise when baking.
You must be careful when exposing yeast to air and also to extreme heat. Temperatures of 130-140 degrees Fahrenheit kill yeast cells and then they can’t convert sugars to carbon dioxide. Also, if you expose them to air, they become activated and die from lack of sugar.
Once you expose them to air, you need to immediately refrigerate it, as refrigeration slows the activity and the life cycle of yeast cells.
So, what’s the difference between bread machine and active dry yeast?
What are the Types of Yeast?
Most of you have heard about the different types of yeasts being advertised, and you might be wondering how the difference comes about. We will explain in detail the main difference between bread machine yeast and active dry yeast.
What’s Bread Machine Yeast?
Bread machine yeast has smaller granules than other types of yeast in the market. It’s designed to be used with bread machines since it rises faster than other types of yeast. Most people argue that this yeast bears the same similarities with instant yeast.
True, bread machine yeast is instant yeast that is specially formulated. One characteristic feature of bread machine yeast is that it has fewer flavors when compared to active dry yeast. It doesn’t influence the flavor of your bread because it had little time to develop fully in the dough. They result in bread with inferior tastes.
Bread machine yeast is good for those who like adding other flavors to their bread like banana, vanilla, and chocolate since it won’t influence the flavor of the bread.
What’s Active Dry Yeast?
Active dry yeast is mostly used in traditional baking and it can also be used when baking with a bread machine. It only becomes active when it comes into contact with water. It is usually dormant. That’s why most recipe instructions advise you to separate any liquid from the yeast, lest it activates prematurely.
In most cases, you have to dig a well in the flour to pour the yeast. You can freeze active dry yeast for decades because active dry yeast is live yeast specially enclosed in dead cells of yeast.
This occurrence allows you to store these yeast cells at room temperature without damaging them. Before using active dry yeast in baking, you must proof or rehydrate them.
Most bakers usually give the dough two rises before baking it. Also, when you are substituting active dry yeast for bread machine yeast, you will use 25% more.
What’s Really The Difference?
The main difference between the bread machine and active dry yeast comes about when mixing yeast with other ingredients. Since bread machine yeast comes with fine granules, it doesn’t need to be proofed or rehydrated to activate it.
That’s why in most recipes, you add the yeast alongside other ingredients, making it popular among large scale bakers. When using bread machine yeast, you have to give the dough two rises before baking.
Active dry yeast, on the other hand, requires proofing or mixing the yeast with water to activate them. Since the live yeast is enclosed by dead cells, you must dissolve the yeast in a glass of warm water. If the water is too hot, it may damage the yeast cells instantly.
You only need one rise of the dough when using active dry yeast. It only takes one hour for the dough to double in size as the second rise usually takes place when you are shaping the dough.
The longer you allow the dough to rise, the richer the flavor since it allows the yeast cells to develop fully.
How to Store Yeast
Always store yeast in a dry place or a refrigerator. Any exposure to draft, humidity, oxygen, and heat will either damage the yeast cells or decrease their shelf life. Any opened yeast packages must be used within 4 months from opening the package.
Opened yeast packages should be stored in airtight containers and properly refrigerated. Active dry yeast can be stored for years under refrigeration.
What if Yeast is expired?
When yeast cells age, they lose their potency. It results in longer rising times. You must store your yeast well and always proof your yeast to fully activate them. It is advisable to use the yeast within the expiration period.
How to Test Yeast for Activity!
If you are not sure whether your yeast is active or not, there is a simple way to test it. Get some warm water in a cup, usually 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 2 ¼ teaspoons of yeast and let the mixture stand for about 10 minutes. If the yeast rises to nearly half the cup, the yeast is still active and you may use it for baking. This process is known as proofing.
Alternatively, you may dissolve sugar in a mixture of warm water and yeast. If bubbling occurs, then the yeast cells are active. The bubbling signifies the breakdown of sugar into carbon dioxide and alcohol.
Conversions of Yeast
In most cases, you use one teaspoon of bread machine yeast with one cup of flour. If the recipe mentions one packet of yeast, it means 2 ¼ teaspoons or ¼ of an ounce. I cube of yeast is equal to 2 teaspoons of yeast.
When substituting active dry yeast for bread machine yeast, always use 25% more for best results in the baking process. Now that you know the difference between bread machine yeast and active dry yeast, you can choose the best for your baking.
We advise you to use the active dry yeast since it comes with a long shelf life, and the bread has more flavors than when using bread machine yeast.
Even for those on a gluten-free diet, it is possible to bake a fantastic bread. These are all gluten-Free bread machine recipes with all-purpose flour that you can easily follow and make your own bread at home. And, with these recipes, you can use any bread machine.
Jans gluten-free brown bread recipe
This bread recipe is by Janet monk. It is best to serve it warm, or you can toast it. You can also add some seeds to it if you like them. It is easy to make, especially with a bread machine that has a gluten-free setting.
The ingredients for this bread include;
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- ½ stick of salted melted butter or ¼ cups of GF Oil
- ¾ cup of unsweetened additive-free applesauce at room temperature
- 1/3 cup of pure molasses or pure honey
- 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour with xanthan gum
The instructions for making this bread are;
- If the machine has the gluten-free setting, mix in the yeast mixture below and pour all the ingredients in it and set to GF, then scrape the sides and proceed to bake bake.
- If the machine does not have a gluten-free setting then follow these instructions;
- Ensure the kneading blade has been inserted in the baking pan’s bottom, then add the wet ingredients, the eggs, applesauce, butter, and molasses. Place the baking pan in the machine and start the mixing cycle, set to 20 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk them and then add them to the wet ingredients. Dip the flour mixture carefully in the pan while you are still mixing. After adding the flour, use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides. Make sure all the ingredients are mixing, and you cannot see any flour builds up on the sides or bottom.
The yeast mixture ingredients are;
- 2 teaspoons of dark brown sugar
- 1/8 cups of pure sweet buttermilk at room temperature
- 1/8 cup of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of active dry yeast
- Add water, sugar, and buttermilk in a bowl. Stir well for sugar to dissolve. Add the yeast and whip with a plastic whisk until the yeast mixture begins to foam. Now pour the mixture into the dough as the paddle continues to stir. You can use a rubber spatula to help absorb the mix. Ensure to scrape down any loose flour.
- If using the homemade setting, select the mixing cycle for 20 minutes and the rise cycle for 30 minutes. The dough needs to rise for 30 minutes, and after that, turn the baking cycle for one hour. Before it completes baking, you can confirm with a wooden toothpick at the center to see if it comes clean or not.
- Now remove the pan from the machine. Remove the bread onto the cooling rack. You can butter the loaf with your melted butter. Leave the bread to cool for one hour then slice it. You can store it in an airtight container.
Artisan white bread rice
With this fantastic bread recipe, you will get a soft, light, and delicious loaf. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free, nut-free, and peanut-free.
The ingredients include;
- 2 ½ cups of Pamela’s all-purpose flour artisan blend
- 2 ¼ teaspoons of yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of honey or agave
- 2 tablespoons of oil
The instructions for making this bread recipe are;
- In the machine, set the settings to machine bread, 2lb loaf, and medium crust. Do not use a gluten-free setting.
- Whisk the flour, yeast, salt and baking soda in a bowl. For the oil, honey, and water combine in a liquid measuring cup. Then pour all the liquid ingredients into the machine and add the dry ingredients. Start the machine and scrape down all the sides plus corners as your dough is mixing. Then after baking, you can now remove the bread from the pan to let it cool then slice.
This gluten-free bread recipe is by Marcia, and you can get it on Allrecipes. It makes a good toast.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 55 minutes
The ingredients you require for this recipe include;
- 1 ½ cups of warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
- 2 ½ cups of gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 2 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of dry yeast
Instructions on how to make this bread are;
- In the bread machine, add the water, oil, flour, vinegar, xanthan gum, sugar, salt, and yeast. Then select the basic cycle and medium crust settings on the machine.
- When the cycle ends, remove the bread. Let it cool before slicing.
Gluten-free bread recipe
This recipe requires a bread machine that has a gluten-free setting as they can handle the dough with one rise only. The blogger recommends the Cuisinart Bread maker for this bread. With this machine, you can select settings such as 2-pound loaf and dark crust as per this recipe. Click here for more.
The ingredients for this bread recipe are;
- 1 cup of milk at room temperature
- ¼ cup of melted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups of Baking Free gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons of yeast
Instructions for making the bread are;
- Place all liquid ingredients in the bread machine’s bowl, fitted with the kneading paddle.
- In another bowl, put flow, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, and sugar and whisk them to mix evenly.
- Place the dry ingredients in the machine’s bowl on top of the liquid ingredients.
- On top of the dry ingredients, make a dent and put they yeast there with a spoon.
- Put the bowl back into the machine as per the manufacturer’s instructions and then lock it.
- On the menu of the machine, select a 2lb loaf, dark crust, and gluten-free settings and press start.
- As the dough is mixing, scrape the sides of the pan to absorb the ingredients.
- When the cycle is complete, remove bread from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool and then slice it.
Wrapping up with Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Some people believe that all-purpose flour cannot make good bread, but with good quality flour, you can make delicious homemade bread. With the above amazing gluten-free recipes, you can experiment them and find out yourself.
Is it really worth it to buy a bread machine?
There are many reasons why you should invest in a good bread machine, some of the reasons are; it lowers the cost of producing your bread by half, you can customize your recipe and add healthier ingredients and lastly, you can cook in batches so that your family gets a week-long supply of fresh bread. Making that choice can be difficult, but before committing to buy a bread machine, you should answer the following questions.
Why do you really want to buy a bread maker?
The most obvious reason is to bake bread. Some people buy a bread machine so that they can try out new interesting recipes on their own like Gluten-free bread recipe. Or maybe some of you are just tired of buying bread from the store. You should be having more than one reason for buying a bread machine for you to make optimal use of the bread machine.
How often will you use it?
The frequency of baking is an important consideration when buying a bread machine, if you bake frequently, then you must be tired of mixing and kneading the dough. This process increases the urgency to get a bread machine which does all this process for you in addition to the baking.
Just how busy are you?
For those who have a busy schedule and you still need to bake bread for your family for breakfast, you need to invest in a good bread machine. Some bread machines come with delay timers which you can set overnight and wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread without any hassle. Other models come with rapid settings that bake bread in n hour or less.
What kind of budget are you working with?
The prices of bread machines vary depending on the quality and also the features. There are lowly priced bread machines of inferior quality, and also premium models with lots of automatic features. Your budget will determine if you can afford it or not. In this article, we will discuss some budget-friendly bread machines which will give you value for your money in the long run.
We all expect bread machines to bake better bread than what you can bake yourself. Otherwise, what’s the point of buying it? To help you make the right decision when purchasing a bread machine, we included this section of some of our top picks, their features and also the price. This information will help you pick a model with the right features and at a budget-friendly price.
What we look for
We came up with two or three bread machines on Amazon which are priced differently. We had to read other bread machine reviews and also cookbooks when narrowing down the recommended bread machines. You can also read this cookbook for more information on our selection criteria, “The Bread Lovers Bread Machine Cookbook.”
Kneading and Baking
Good bread machines knead the dough evenly with no patches of flour at the very ends of the bread pan. That means that the paddle should be thorough. The baking temperatures should also be even, making the bread turn golden brown in medium heat setting.
Don’t go for bread machines with a single paddle as they produce oddly shaped bread because the bread pan has to be taller. Opt for bread machines with two paddles as they do a great job when kneading and shaping the dough.
Choose a bread machine with a strong motor, to prevent stalling when kneading the dough. Every bread machine wears out after some time but the durability of each machine varies.
Capacity and Settings
Some bread machines come with 15 or more different settings and dough cycles. Also, check the capacity and go for bread machines with a 2-pound loaf capacity. You can bake two loaves at once, saving you on energy bills and also time.
Our Top Picks
These are some of our bread machine top picks.
Why we like it; we found the Zojirushi bread machine to be sturdy and it also makes standard shaped loaves measuring 9*5 inches. This feature is unique to the Zojirushi bread machine. It is a reliable machine. It comes with 14 programs and you can customize your recipe using this bread machine. Zojirushi bread machine costs around $338, making it an expensive but worthy investment. If you can’t afford it, we have more budget-friendly picks below.
Why we like it; the T-fal is a good bread machine since it bakes and kneads well. Plus most people can afford the price tag of around $90. The only setback is that the loaves are oddly shaped due to the tall design of the bread pan. One good feature on the T-fal is that you can make Gluten-free bread.
Exotic Foods Pick
Why we like it: you can customize your recipe to any length, as it comes with an automatic fruit and nut dispenser to add ingredients like yeast, dried fruits, and raisins to your dough. It can bake Japanese bread-like Brioche, Mochi and Red bean bread. If you like trying out new recipes, go for this bread maker which goes for $340.
Best Inexpensive Pick
Why we like it; it comes with multiple programs and settings that allow you to make different types of dough and bread. It has a price tag of around $59, which is a good bargain for those features. At this price, you have no reason not to get yourself a bread machine.
Instead of buying specialty bread from the store, why not invest in a good bread machine? Some models even go for less than $60 making them good investments. Baking your bread is cheaper than buying it from the store. The decision to buy a bread machine rests entirely with what you are looking for and why? We hope this information was helpful in your search for a good bread machine.
How to Make Delicious Pizza Dough for yourself in a Bread Maker
If you don’t have a top rated bread maker, you might consider investing in one after we share with you our bread machine pizza dough. It does the kneading for you; all you have to do is sit down and wait.
This recipe will give you a 12-inch crust pizza, plus we will also include some pizza variation towards the end for those who love adding different flavors.
Bread Maker Pizza Dough
- Water; 1 ½ cups
- Olive or vegetable oil; 1 ½ tablespoon
- Bread flour; 3 ¾ cups
- Sugar; 1 tablespoon
- Salt; 1 ½ teaspoon
- Active dry yeast; 1 ½ teaspoon
- The ingredients should be added to the bread machine as indicated in its manual. Strictly follow the order.
- Chose the dough cycle in your bread machine
- The bread machine will sound an alert when the dough is ready
- At this point, remove the dough and shape them by rolling in pizza pans till they attain a round shape. The recommended thickness should be 1-inch.
- Using a brush, layer the round dough with a little olive or vegetable oil.
- Leave it to rise for about 15 minutes for the active dry yeast to develop well; it may add some flavor to your dough.
- You can spread some tomato sauce or any other sauce you prefer.
- The oven temperatures should be 400 degrees Fahrenheit. At these temperatures, the pizza will be ready in about 30 minutes.
- Remove when the crust is brown.
- If you added cheese on top of your pizza during topping, the cheese will be bubbly and fully melted.
- Serve when hot.
How to Freeze Pizza Dough
If you want to freeze your pizza dough after preparing, we have some steps for you to follow.
- Let the dough rise in your bread machine.
- Roll them till they are round in shape
- Brush them with some vegetable or olive oil
- Place the dough in a freezer bag
- This bag should be sealed, after sucking out the air inside. This dough will have a shelf life of 3 months minimum
- After storing them for some time, you need to defrost them.
- Remove the dough from the freezer, and leave it to defrost in a refrigerator.
- It will take a minimum of 12 hours for the dough to fully defrost; it is advised to leave them overnight.
- Remove the dough from the freezer bag and leave it at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
- At this point, you can resume baking your pizza dough.
How to Freeze Homemade Pizza That Is Already Prepared
- After preparing the pizza dough using the steps above, you have to bake them at temperatures of 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The baking time should be 4 minutes
- The pizza dough should be removed when they look dry but not brown.
- You can add some toppings like cheese, tomato sauce, and shredded butter.
- Freeze the dough till they are solid.
- Wrap them up in a foil or plastic wrap
- Store them for 3 months
- To resume baking after storing the dough for some time, bake it for 15 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit in a pizza pan.
- Remove when the crust is brown or the cheese and butter are melted and bubbly.
Pizza Recipe Variations
We promised to include this section for those readers who love adding some flavors to your pizza dough, for them to taste delicious. We came up with some pizza recipe variations that you might like.
Basil pizza dough
To make basil pizza, you only need to add about 1-2 teaspoons of basil which comes in the form of dried leaves. It should be added to the dry ingredients when mixing the dough in the bread pan.
Whole Wheat pizza dough
To make whole wheat pizza dough, you only need to replace one cup of your all-purpose bread flour with one cup of whole wheat flour. Most people prefer whole wheat to refined flour because of the available nutrients like gluten and fiber.
Garlic pizza dough
Add about 3 freshly minced and crushed garlic cloves to some vegetable oil and mix with the ingredients. Most vegan diets contain garlic because of its nutritional properties.
Herb and parmesan pizza dough
Some people prefer some herb bitterness in their pizza. To make the herb and parmesan pizza dough, add one teaspoon of herb, usually Italian herb or mixed basil leaves and oregano herb. Then add ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, it should be grated. Mix the ingredients with your bread flour before putting them in a bread machine.
Taco Pizza Dough
To prepare Taco pizza dough, you need to omit the salt from the recipe above. To the dough, add 2 tablespoons of cornmeal and one tablespoon of Taco French seasoning mix.
Serving; 2 pizzas
Preparation time; 15 minutes
Cooking time; 15 minutes
Total time; 30 minutes
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Fat; 2 grams
Carbohydrates; 5 grams
Protein; 1 gram
Dietary fiber; 1 gram
This nutritional information varies with your pizza slices.
In the recipe, we didn’t mention how long the dough cycle takes in a bread machine because they vary with models and the type of yeast used and also the size of your dough. Most bread machines have a dough cycle of 90 minutes maximum, after which you’ll hear a sound alert for you to remove the dough from the machine.
Preparing pizza dough using a bread maker is a walk in the park, even for beginners. Pizza can be served with any meal during any course. If you want to personalize your pizza serving, we have a few suggestions for you.
You can top your pizza with Mozzarella cheese or tomatoes mixed with red onions. Alternatively, pizza served with mushrooms, pepperoni and Canadian bacon sound good. Not to mention the combo green pepper with ground beef.
There are many spices available to add more flavor to your pizza when serving, choose what you prefer the most. Try out this bread machine pizza dough recipe and share with us your experience in the comments section.