The Panasonic sd-yd250 automatic bread maker is truly a 21st century electronic convenience with the various options it gives which include mixing, kneading, and rising. It can bake bread in three loaf sizes up to 2- 1/2 pounds, but its digital controls can go much further. It also offers settings for white, whole wheat, multigrain, and French breads, with each made according to what is best for that particular style.
It also comes with other settings that permit rapid baking, baking sandwich bread with a soft crust and when using raisins in the bread a beeper will signal when to add the fruit so that it is not crushed during kneading. It also allows you to select the color of the crust.
We found amazon.com to have the best prices on all bread makers including the Panasonic sd-yd250. Click here to check it out.
The machine is able to automatically add yeast at the proper time from a dispenser on its lid. It can also make non-yeast, quick breads and mix, knead, and rise dough for pastries without baking them. It can also be programmed 13 hours in advance by setting up a timer on the unit. It is easy to clean because it comes with a non stick baking pan. It comes with an instruction booklet that is easy to understand.
Panasonic sd-yd250 Features and Specifications
- Mixes, kneads, rises, and bakes in 3 loaf sizes, up to 2-1/2 pounds
- Settings for white, whole wheat, multigrain, French, quick breads/cakes
- 13-hour delay timer makes meal planning easier
- Includes recipes for 40 breads and dough, plus baking tips
- Measures 14 by 13-1/2 by 9 inches
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 9 x 13.5 inches. Weight: 15.4 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 18 pounds
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the United States.
- The item must be shipped separately if you’re making other orders, but additional shipping charges will not apply.
- Ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Panasonic sd-yd250 Reviews
This automatic bread maker received positive reviews from the online reviewers. The reviewers say that it is a state-of-the- art machine and is quieter than other bread making machines. Another reviewer mentions that it is easy to use as all the ingredients can be put in and one just chooses their preferred setting.
One reviewer lamented that the instructions in the manual were a bit confusing but after deciphering them, the outcome of the bread was to his satisfaction. Another one said that it takes a bit of space in the kitchen. Overall, most reviewers were happy with the end result of their baking, thus making the Panasonic sd-yd250 automatic bread maker a good choice.